Phishing Attacks In Healthcare - Ep 81
Phishing attacks in healthcare are on the rise just like every other industry. However, unlike many other targets, phishing attacks in healthcare have a much higher return on investment if the phisherman gets anyone to take the bait. We've talked multiple times how healthcare is now a major target for hackers. Then, it only makes sense that we will see a continued rise in efforts aimed at phishing attacks in healthcare.
Types of phishing:
- Phishing - spray and pray - grab an email list and let it rip - big net phishing
- Spear phishing - Aimed directly at you. Everything makes it look like it should be in your email meant for you from someone you know
- Whaling - Pointed directly at upper management of a company with an urgent business matter
- Soft targeting - send to people with a certain job that they would expect, like HR gets a resume but financial team gets a spreadsheet
- Telephone phishing - Just call you up and act like they should be asking you for login information