Author: Merriam-Webster, New England Public MediaSubscribed: 548Played: 3,188
Word Matters is a show for readers, writers, and anyone who ever loved their English class. Join Merriam-Webster editors as they challenge supposed grammar rules, reveal the surprising origins behind words, tackle common questions, and generally geek out about the beautiful nightmare that is language.
17. How to Read a Dictionary Entry
16. 'Contact' and 'Impact': Acceptable Verbs?
15. Why Are American and British English Different?
14. Everything Is 'Awesome.' Or Is It?
13. What's Up with 'Biweekly'? and Other Listener Questions
12. A Collection of Obscure Words for People Who Annoy You
11. Can Something Be "Very Unique"?
10. How "Not" to Start a Sentence
9. In Defense of 'Like'
7. 'Matriculate': A Word on the Move
6. Sorry, But Shakespeare Didn't Create That Word
5. Can I Get a Word in the Dictionary?
4. How Do You Even Pronounce 'Antennae' Anyway?
3. A Collection of Obscure Words That You Might Find Useful
2. Setting Sail on a Semantic Drift
1. 'Irregardless': You Don't Have to Like It
Introducing Word Matters