A History of Coffee
Author: James HarperSubscribed: 109Played: 1,640
Across six episodes, documentary maker James Harper and professional historian Jonathan Morris narrate how humans race coffee across oceans to keep up with demand for this addictive drink.
Coffee creates enormous fortunes for some, and misery for others. Sometimes the environment benefits, but more often it is plundered.
If we want to make coffee a more equitable industry that’s also kinder to the environment, a place to start is understanding the stories and systems that put the coffee into your cup this morning.
Press the Subscribe button so you don’t miss future episodes!
Follow Jonathan Morris @coffeehistoryjm and James Harper @filterstoriespodcast.
Read full transcripts at www.historyofcoffee.org.
4) Just Friends? America's love affair with coffee
2) A Lasting Stain: Haiti, Colonialism and Coffee
1) It's Just Coffee? How coffee houses changed the world
Introducing: Series Two of A History of Coffee
BONUS: Coffee's Ticking Time Bomb
BONUS: A History of Tea
BONUS: Decolonising Coffee History
6) The Future of Coffee?
5) Desperately Seeking Sustainability
4) A Dark Bitter Powder
3) Coffee Catches Fire
2) Slavery, Suffering and Affordable Luxury
1) A Five Gun Salute to the Origins of Coffee
Introducing: A History of Coffee