The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast
Author: Ashley and Kalin, Literacy Based SLPs, Picture Books, Speech Language PathologistSubscribed: 6Played: 75
Do you want to use picture books more in your speech therapy sessions, but have no idea where to start? OR are you already using books in therapy but find it time-consuming to find the RIGHT book and identify relevant speech and language concepts? You’re in the right place! The Literacy-Based Speech Podcast will help you feel confident in your book choices and instructional decisions. We’ll give you the tools you need to intentionally maximize your sessions!
Join co-hosts Ashley and Kalin from Sweet Southern Speech each week as they share evidence-based and SLP-approved strategies to use picture books more efficiently and effectively in your speech therapy sessions.
After listening, connect with us on Instagram @literacybasedspeechtherapy. You can check out the show notes for each episode at www.sweetsouthernspeech.com.
21. Our Favorite Halloween Themed Books
20. How to Assess Narrative Language
19. Our Favorite Pirate Books
18. Deep Dive: Officer Buckle and Gloria
17. This or That: Leaf Man and The Leaf Thief
16. Our Favorite Fall Picture Books
15. This or That: Apple Themed Picture Books
14. How to Form Groups and Collect Data
13. Our Favorite Books with Repetitive Text for CAS
12. Deep Dive: The Invisible Boy
11. This OR That: David Goes to School and Clark the Shark
10. Our Favorite Back to School Books
8. Our Favorite R Picture Books
7. How to Get Older Students to "Buy Into" Picture Books
6. Deep Dive: Using Ribbit! and Dude! in Speech Therapy
4. Our Top 10 Summer Books for Speech Therapy
3. How to Implement a Literacy-Based Speech Therapy Approach
2. The Why Behind Literacy-Based Speech Therapy