How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction
Specifically, we are going to go over three key concepts that you should consider when coming up with the name for your new show — or, if you have a show that isn’t getting the traction that you want, then for renaming an existing show.
And even if you are settled on your name, so you’re thinking maybe you should just skip this episode, you shouldn’t. The concepts we’re going to discuss today are applicable to many elements of your show besides just your name.
Among the topics we discuss:
• Why you definitely should not emulate the name of the #1-ranked show in Apple Podcasts
• Why context is everything
• The importance of understanding your usefulness proposition and working it into your show’s name
• The importance of also understanding your primary differentiator, and working that into your name too
• Why you shouldn’t get too cute trying to be different and memorable, at the expense of actually showing up for terms people search for
And much more.
We also shine our Showrunner Spotlight on Robbie Samuels (http://www.robbiesamuels.com/), find out why Jerod was extra excited about this broadcast, and learn what Jonny’s last meal on earth would be.
Have you checked out our new course on podcasting positioning?
It’s currently priced under $100, so it’s a low-cost investment that can make a major difference on whether your show launches and fizzles … or launches, connects with an audience, and delivers big-time results.
If you find this episode useful, you should also check out these three recent episodes:
•  3 Pieces of ‘Low-Hanging Fruit’ That Will Help You Attract More Listeners
•  What Are Your Unfair Advantages?
•  Is Your Podcast Positioning on Point?
Connect with us:
• Connect with Jerod on Twitter: @JerodMorris
• Connect with Jonny on Twitter: @JonNastor
• Website: Showrunner.fm
 Should You Take a Holiday Break? (We Are)
 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Lead Magnet Your Audience Will Love
 7 Tips for Striking a Win-Win-Win Deal With a New Sponsor
 How to Market a Podcast: 7 Ways to Get More Listeners
 7 Reasons Why Short-Form Podcasts Are A Major Growth Opportunity
 The Six Stages of Creating Fearlessly
 Now What? 7 Important Steps to Take Right After You Launch
 22 Tips to Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes With Your Email List
 Common Podcast Listener Pet Peeves to Avoid At All Costs
 23+ Ways to Earn Profit From Your Podcast
 A 7-Step Plan for Changing the World With Your Best Ideas
 Behind the Scenes of Our Recent Community Launch
 A 4-Part Framework for Getting Your Positioning Right
 How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction