How to Improve Your Podcast Description To Bring In More New Listeners
Your podcast’s description can have a big impact on your ability to attract new listeners.
By including relevant search keywords in your description, it can help you surface in more relevant searches, thus exposing you to additional potential audience members. And by choosing your words strategically, you can answer a few key questions that any potential audience member has when trying to decide whether to give your show a chance or not.
This week, we provide actionable tips and advice that help you improve your podcast description … and gain more new listeners in the process.
Among the topics we discuss:
• The objectives that you need to have for your podcast description
• The different elements of your show that your podcast description should clarify for your audience
• Why Molly Beck’s 3-sentence framework is a great starting place for improvising your podcast description
• The two biggest questions your podcast description needs to answer
• Why you shouldn’t overlook the importance of selling yourself in your podcast description
Here are the two articles we reference in this episode:
• The Template You Need To Write Your Podcast Show Description by Molly Beck (https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollyfordbeck/2018/08/09/the-template-you-need-to-write-your-podcast-show-description/#3b12def35064)
• How to Write a Better Podcast Description That Attracts New Listeners by The Podcast Dude (https://seanwes.com/podcastdude/066-how-to-write-a-better-podcast-description-that-attracts-new-listeners/)
Check out our sponsor Hover for your domain hosting needs. Go to Hover.com/Showrunner and get started today with 10% off your first purchase.
If you find this episode useful, you should also check out these recent episodes:
•  Are You Forgetting These Essential Elements of Your Podcast Category Page?
•  How to Build an Audience That Transcends Your Content: The 3 C’s Approach
•  How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction
Connect with us:
• Website: Showrunner.fm
• Join the community: http://community.showrunner.fm/
 Should You Take a Holiday Break? (We Are)
 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Lead Magnet Your Audience Will Love
 7 Tips for Striking a Win-Win-Win Deal With a New Sponsor
 How to Market a Podcast: 7 Ways to Get More Listeners
 7 Reasons Why Short-Form Podcasts Are A Major Growth Opportunity
 The Six Stages of Creating Fearlessly
 Now What? 7 Important Steps to Take Right After You Launch
 22 Tips to Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes With Your Email List
 Common Podcast Listener Pet Peeves to Avoid At All Costs
 23+ Ways to Earn Profit From Your Podcast
 A 7-Step Plan for Changing the World With Your Best Ideas
 Behind the Scenes of Our Recent Community Launch
 A 4-Part Framework for Getting Your Positioning Right
 How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction