8 Ideas to Help You Develop Rabid, Loyal Audience Members (Maybe Even Your Own #ChatMob)
And then there are AUDIENCE MEMBERS — the kinds of rabid, loyal folks who show up for your live broadcasts, participate in live chats, support your show with donations, offer to help out, reach out to you when they are visiting your area to ask you to coffee, and just generally go the extra mile (maybe even many extra miles) to show you how much they love your work and the community you’re building.
In this week’s episode, we’re going to talk about how you go from having the first kind of audience members to the SECOND KIND. Because when you develop a small but tight-knight group of the second kind, you really take your audience, and your show, to the next level.
Jerod leads this episode, sharing lessons he’s learned from his experience with The Assembly Call. And Jonny rides shotgun providing the essential context so you know how to apply these ideas to your show even if it’s a totally different type of show than Jerod’s.
Among the ideas we discuss:
• What Jerod learned from his recent experience with the #ChatMob on The Assembly Call that inspired this episode.
• The essential purpose of offering consistency and quality over time.
• The power of a great domain name! (Hover sponsor section.)
• Why you should take every opportunity to create one-on-one connections.
• Why you should find ways to recognize audience members during your show.
• The compounding power of hosting a consistent live event with an open live chat.
• What it means to “go the extra mile” for your most intense fans.
• How you can give your audience the opportunity invest in your growth (and why it’s so powerful).
• Why you should consider empowering your audience members within the universe of your show.
• How to organize ways for the conversation to go on with you (and why you should).
Check out our sponsor Hover for your domain hosting needs. Go to Hover.com/Showrunner and get started today with 10% off your first purchase.
•  How to Build an Audience That Transcends Your Content: The 3 C’s Approach
•  No. 064 Listener Life Cycles: A Podcaster’s Guide
Connect with us:
• Join the Showrunner community with a free 30-day trial: http://community.showrunner.fm
 Should You Take a Holiday Break? (We Are)
 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Lead Magnet Your Audience Will Love
 7 Tips for Striking a Win-Win-Win Deal With a New Sponsor
 How to Market a Podcast: 7 Ways to Get More Listeners
 7 Reasons Why Short-Form Podcasts Are A Major Growth Opportunity
 The Six Stages of Creating Fearlessly
 Now What? 7 Important Steps to Take Right After You Launch
 22 Tips to Help You Avoid Costly Mistakes With Your Email List
 Common Podcast Listener Pet Peeves to Avoid At All Costs
 23+ Ways to Earn Profit From Your Podcast
 A 7-Step Plan for Changing the World With Your Best Ideas
 Behind the Scenes of Our Recent Community Launch
 A 4-Part Framework for Getting Your Positioning Right
 How to Name Your Podcast for Maximum Listener Attraction