“__________” Is My Meditation (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/15/20
"________" Is My Meditation (10% Happier Self Care Journey) 1/15/20
• Meditation and mindfulness can be done during ANY activity. In fact the more activities the practice is invited into the better. Intention is the only ingredient needed to initiate this formula.
• Welcome everything into the experience and make a decision that you're going to work to not get uptight about anything.
• Always start with a focal point (the breath, point in the body, sound etc.) and use noting to bring you back "home" to the focal point when you inevitably get distracted.
* "Welcome to the party" - Use this statement to have a gentle and friendly approach to your surroundings. At some point nothing or no one will have to leave the party in order for you to be in a state of mindfulness and meditation.
• Periodically allow yourself to detach from your focus to examine and explore the other aspects of your surroundings. This actually creates better control to stay focused on your home base by not trying to block out, but welcoming your surroundings. Try to scan your surroundings without over analyzing.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/aaronhill/support