精選詞彙播客 Vocab Ep.109: 美妝商品上的「正常」字樣被刪除 Unilever to stop using the word normal on beauty products
Unilever, one of the world’s largest FMCG company announced it will discontinue the use of word “normal” in its advertising of its beauty and personal care products. Furthermore, they will ban excessive photoshopping (airbrushing) of models as part of its inclusivity policy. The company renamed its skin-lightening brand in India last year from Fair & Lovely to Glow & Lovely after facing anger from customers who said Unilever was perpetuating negative stereotypes about darker skin tones.
Vocabularyand Sample Sentences:
Inclusive adj. – intentionally non-sexist (in language); not excluding any parts of the society
- Beauty brands are becoming more inclusive by featuring models from diverse groups.
- Inclusivity policies are making community centers catering to residents of a wider age range.
Normal adj.n. - following a standard ; the usual or average
- What may be normal to you, may not be normal to many.
- Normal people do not do things that risk their lives.
Alter v. –to change
- Unilever will not digitally alter their model’s body shape, size or color in any advertising.
- Graphic designers often alter the size of pictures so that they fit well on a webpage.
精選詞彙 VOCAB Podcast，就在https://www.15mins.today/vocab
語音直播 15mins Live Podcast, 就在https://www.15mins.today/15mins-live-podcast
文法練習 In-TENSE Podcast，就在https://www.15mins.today/in-tense