(Re-Aire) Clean & Simple Charts with Patrick Walker, Ep #122
Patrick Walker is the co-founder of Mission Winners. He loves to learn. And thankfully, he loves to teach as well. He’s taught on the university level, led youth groups & scouts, and even trained others in outdoor survival skills. In this episode of How To Trade It, Pat shares some personal stories of growth, walks us through how he survived downturns in the market, gives credit to those who have taught him all that he knows, and so much more. You don’t want to miss it!
Subscribe to How To Trade It
You’ll want to hear this episode if you are interested in…
- [02:45 ] How outdoor survival skills translate to the investing world
- [11:56 ] What you need to know to get started investing in the market
- [17:20 ] Focusing on chart patterns that everyone can see
- [18:40 ] The two types of capital to protect
- [23:40 ] Focusing on these three moving averages
- [31:40 ] How to stack the deck in your favor
- [38:47 ] Things to look for before exiting
- [43:50 ] Mission Winners and how to get in touch
Patrick is big on discipline. When he taught outdoor survival skills at high elevations, he used an, “If this...then that” approach. You need to know what “that” is before you can do it because quite literally your life may depend upon it. While your physical life isn’t on the line, the same principle applies when investing in your financial future. Pat tries to make his teachings fun and delivers them in digestible pieces. Hey, don’t forget your whistle!
Patrick strives to buy right, so he likes to look for a clean and simple base that everyone can see. When the volume pushes through, you ride it as long as you can. If there is no volume, it’s a red flag not to BUY. Pat is a fan of these MAs:
- 8-period exponential moving average
- 21-day exponential moving average
- 50-day moving average
Before leaving a trade
When asked what he does during a bear market, Patrick answered with a resounding...I’m OUT! “When we accept the fact that we don’t know the future, we see the future much clearer.” When you start losing the 21-day, and you start losing on the 50-day, and you start to see it rolling over on increasing volume...it’s time to get out. It is what it is. You have to learn to believe in what you see on the charts.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Get FREE training from Patrick Walker
- How to Make Money in Stocks by Bill O’Neil
- Think and Trade Like a Champion by Mark Minervini
- Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager
- Ed Seykota
Connect with Patrick Walker
- Website: http://missionwinners.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PatrickWalker56
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MissionWinners
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pat-walker-195588a/
It's Casey thanks for listening to the How to Trade it Podcast.
Kalshi is a new kind of trading strategy that’s unrelated to all the damage being done in today’s markets.
It achieves this through Event Trading.
Let me explain how it works.
With event trading, you profit when you predict an event correctly. . It's that simple.