#001 Bryan Cay: We Are All Athletes
Coach Cay was my coach for a long time. When I completely shifted from an aesthetic focused training to a performance-based training, he was the one who paved the way for me. Not only he was knowledgeable in his craft but he was humble and open enough to give me the tools to reach my goals.
I can probably say training with him was the most enjoyable phase in my journey thus far because we had such a great time learning and trying out different things in the gym. We worked on plyometrics, conditioning and other movements that I was not proficient in before. I came in every session with a student mindset because I wanted to know all the reasons behind the principles of his programming.
On this episode, you will learn:
- Aesthetic vs performance training
- Why we are all athletes (even if you're not a pro athlete)
- Training wisely during quarantine or home workouts
- Why long term progression and patience is a must
- Creating variations in movement can be a double edge sword
- How he programmed my workouts
- His biggest takeaways in coaching clients
Subscribe to this podcast for more fitness and lifestyle content!