008 - We Are Never, Ever, Ever Saying Yes to the Dress. Like, Ever.
Niki went back to college without Jules. It was really rude but we guess not every university willingly complies with the ridiculous, stress-inducing bullshit known as the quarter system. So what does this mean for you? How will you enjoy the (undisputed) voices of our generation each and every week if the owner’s of these voices aren’t even in the same county? Don’t worry. We. Got. You.
On this minisode of Tangential, Niki and Jules discuss the most controversial, self-proclaimed invertebrate in America— Taylor Alison Swift (former friend of Abigail). For all you Pong and Tetris lovers, Niki talks about something called "PAX Wrestling" and Jules gets into some NCAA drama. All this and a little less than usual on Tangential’s first ever minisode!
- Salem, New Hampshire's Own FedEx Office Print & Ship Center: https://goo.gl/y9Y8hT
- UCLA Football: https://goo.gl/ss2f9H
- Texas A&M: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_A%26M_University
- Say Yes to the Dress: https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/say-yes-to-the-dress/
- Bella Swan's Wedding Dress (from Twilight): http://jezebel.com/5861842/you-can-now-buy-bella-swans-wedding-dress-for-799
- The Blueprint for Team USA Winning Handball Gold at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics: https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/6/12393664/team-usa-can-win-handball-gold-in-2020-by-recruiting-quarterbacks
- PAX West: http://west.paxsite.com/
- League of Heels: A Video Game Wrestling Documentary (A great primer for the insanity that is PAX Wrestling): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hmZvTnopcQ
- Taylor Swift's New "Music": (You can use Spotify, we're not going to link out to her.)
- Marie Callender's Strawberry Pie/Tart/Thing: http://www.trailmixedmemories.com/2013/08/bbq-and-pie-mariecallenders-ocmomblog.html
Additional Reading on T-Swizz: https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/wjjknm/taylor-swift-needs-to-sit-this-year-out?utm_source=vicefbus
Tangential is a podcast that works through the events of a week by reading through weekly internet histories. Over the course of an hour, Julianna Klimeck and Nicholas Grayson try to explain and share where their minds wandered to that week, and how they got there.
Best case scenario? You learn a little something and have a good laugh. Worst case scenario? You do neither of those things because your hosts are bad at Google -- hopefully it's that first one though.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Talk to us about anything, we'll read it on air!