016 - ATCO Gender balance in the US - Jenn Lemmon - Professional Women Controllers
The guest of this episode is from the USA. We have talked with Jen Lemmon, the President of PWC Organisation (Professional Women Controllers) and the Operations Manager at the Houston Tower for FAA. We talked about how important it is to bring awareness about aviation career opportunities for young girls and women and also about the following aspects:
- What is the status of gender equality in ATM and why it is important
- What are the factors causing a better gender balance in our industry
- What can be done to get more girls to know that they can be air traffic controllers
- What are PWC’s main activities & the goals to achieve in the next 5 years
- How can listeners support PWC
- Evolution of ATM in the next 5 years & in the next 50 years? Will it be more balanced when it comes to the gender share of the industry?