017: Dealing with Toys as Gifts
Today Diana answers a question that she gets pretty often. How do I get people to stop buying so many gifts? It’s a tricky question and situation to navigate. People like showing love to others through gift gifting, and they get excited to see your kids happy opening the gift. No one wants to offend someone or create other issues. But you also don’t want more stress than needed when you’re on your journey to simplify.
In this episode, Diana shares how to address gift givers and the amount, or types, of gifts your loved ones give to your children.
We’ll also discuss:
- How to have the tough conversation in a non-confrontational way while remembering why they are giving our kids gifts in the first place
- How to recommend experience gifts and how to introduce them to your kids. Here’s a blog post from last Christmas that includes a FREE experience gift guide!
- One great tip that will let gift givers still buy toys, but they won’t end up in your home.
If you want to be Decluttered by the Holidays, join Minimal-ish Starts Here to be included in our LIVE decluttering round that starts September 18. Click here to become a member!
What can you expect from this podcast and future episodes?
- 15-20 minute episodes to help you tackle your to-do list
- How to declutter in an effective and efficient way
- Guest interviews
- Deep dives on specific topics
Get the show notes and transcription here: http://www.dianarene.com/podcast/ep017