030 - How to train your brain to become stress proof.
030 - How to train your brain to become stress proof with Dr. Melanie Greenberg.
On this interview I had the honor to speak with Dr. Melanie Greenberg, author of the book “The Stress Proof Brain”, it was an eye opening experience to understand, how the different parts of your brain, work to produce acute or chronic stress, she gave team Beyond Blindness practical Exercises to overcome our day to day stress as well as chronic stress caused by chronic illness.
On this episode you will learn three things:
- What is the difference between acute and chronic stress?
- What is the pre-frontal cortex part of your brain?
- Mindfulness practices for reducing stress?
- 00:30 Melanie Greenberg’s Back ground
- 03:35 What parts of your brain are involved when facing stress?
- 06:50 What is the Hypothalamus in the brain?
- 07:30 what is cortisol hormone and its effects on our body?
- 08:10 What is the difference between acute and chronic stress?
- 11:25 What are some tips and steps to follow to reduce stress?
- 13:55 Mindfulness practices for reducing stress?
- 16:55 Where are our emotions generated in our brain?
- 18:10 How can self-compassion help you overcome stress?
- 20:20 Practical exercise: Greenberg takes us on an exercise for ocular disease and how she would approach the patient to reduce anxiety levels.
- 23:00 How can positive psychology can help us the avoidance of negative emotions?
- 25:39 What are Dr. Greenberg’s steps to harness the power of positive emotions?
- 30:50 Resources:
Amazon Book: “The Stress Proog Brain”
“The mindful express self-expressed” on psychology today
- 32:25 Section: “THE WAY I SEE IT”