043: Raising Kids with Autism w/ the Disorderly Blondes
I am so excited about today's episode as I have two wonderful guests on the show, Brenda and Kristi, who go by the hilarious yet awesome name "Disorderly Blondes".
Brenda lives in Pembroke Pines, Florida. She is a wife to Lawrence and a mother to Dylan (17) and Oliver (11). Dylan is on the autism spectrum and Oliver has a genetic duplication. Brenda also works as a freelancer in design, is a writer and the host of the Disorderly Blondes podcast with Kristi.
Kristi lives in Jupiter, Florida. She is married to Tim and a mother to JR (15) and Jackson (13). JR is on the autism spectrum and Jackson is neurotypical. Kristi also is a writer and the host of the Disorderly Blondes podcast with Brenda.
This episode is FULL of gold nuggets as we discuss:
1. What it's like being a mom to special needs children;
2. How they processed the autism diagnosis;
3. What treatments & therapies they tried;
4. Their biggest struggles as parents;
5. What they wish people would stop saying to them;
6. How they cope with the demands of being a special needs parent;
7. What they love about being moms, and
8. Advice for other parents in similar situations as them.
This episode is both educational and funny as Brenda and Kristi take us on the ups and downs of being a mom to special needs children (and how wine is involved).
I highly encourage you to check them out on social media & head on over to their podcast to learn more!
Facebook: Disorderly Blondes Autism Podcast
As always, if you liked this episode please take a quick moment to subscribe, rate & review - it really means the world to me!
And make sure to come join me on Instagram where more conversations are happening: jeshessels