050: WHAT'S GOOD? How to Be an Alpha Amid Crisis
We live in troubled times. If there ever was a time for men to step up and be leaders, it is now. While the coronavirus may not be affecting you and those around you yet, it will. Estimates are that one in 10 Americans will get the virus. You will likely not *die from this illness, they say, but the impact has already begun in terms of anxiety and worry, we see this in the grocery shortage. It is affecting the economy, people are losing their jobs, and your wives and children need your strength. Today we will be discussing how you can be a man of strength when everything is falling apart.
Questions to be answered today:
- What exists in the average guy that may create challenges for him at a time like this?
- What are the principles that men can govern themselves by in tough times?
- What are some things that men need to be doing to preserve their own strength?
- How can men be supportive of others, within their own families, other dudes, and their larger communities?
Major topics discussed:
- How to deal with fear and doubt.
- Why it is unproductive to gather conspiracy theories. Instead focus on what you control.
- The Earth doesn't care about you.
- Nothing is owed to you by anyone or anything.
- You are not special.
- You have a duty to provide and protect.
- Real men feel a responsibility to take action assisting the vulnerable.
- Spend ZERO energy on what you cannot control.
- See this as an opportunity to learn new things.
- Get creative.
- Be humble and appreciative.
- Call on your higher power.
- See how you can serve others.
- See yourself as connected to everyone else.
- Continue to be disciplined.
- Get up, get dressed, make the bed, sort out your day, and keep up on maintaining your home.
- See this entire thing as a gift and be grateful for it.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/alphaquorum/message