053: Fostering & Adoption w/ Keikilani Jackson
Today's episode features badass mom Keikilani, but she goes by Lani. Lani is a mom of 6 kids (3 biological and 3 adopted) and has been married for 14 years. Aside from being a badass mom, Lani is also a strategy and clarity coach for moms who are building their own business.
Lani and I discuss SO many amazing things today that include:
- the decision to foster/adopt
- fostering - the process it took
- turning down their first two foster opportunities
- what it was like when they did say yes to their first kids
- what it was like having the bio mom in the picture when fostering
- neglect in the foster system
- adopting their foster children
- integrating the 3 adopted kids into their current family
- running a house with 6 kids
- biggest struggles through all of this
Phew. That is a lot but honestly, Lani shared so much amazing information that I couldn't leave anything out! I am so grateful that Lani took the time to share her journey and also give us insight into the world of fostering & adoption.
I have no doubt that you are going to absolutely love Lani because she is truly a badass mom.
As always, I encourage you to check out her social media and websites for all her goodies!
FREE Adoption & Foster Care Resource: https://allmygoodthings.com/adoption
Article "Stop saying, "I don't know how you do it"https://allmygoodthings.com/2019/10/please-stop-telling-me-i-dont-know-how-you-do-it/
https://lanijackson.com - FREE Strategy & Priorities Guidebook
https://lanijackson.com/work-with-me/ - book a FREE "mini" Brain Burst
And if we're not already IG friends, please come join me over there: _badassmomsclub