058 BA: RELEARN for ReFIREment
Perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed, lost or just worn out. You’re missing that spark, that fire you had at the beginning of the year. I definitely hit that wall myself just a few months ago and ReFIREment is the process I used to help me rediscover my passion and my fire and today, others tell me how peaceful, surrendered and relaxed I look.
If you’ve never heard of the term ReFIREment, this is the last of a four part series, helping you gain your passion back after a season of setbacks.
The four steps are:
Unplug: disconnecting from external resources temporarily
Unlearn: reevaluating & challenging existing ideas, beliefs and concepts
Rest: experimenting with and understanding ways to deepen your rest
Relearn: incorporating new practices and beliefs to set you on a new path
Today, let’s go deeper into step three: RELEARN.
And as I’m recording this in early November 2020, it’s seven plus months since I made the decision to unplug to begin this journey. What are my results so far?
- My life is very satisfying. I have more discernment and boundaries around what is most important in my life. I no longer drift along with the waves of circumstances. I now bless and release negative people from my list of acquaintances. And for a recovering people pleaser, that is a huge improvement in the quality of my life.
- I have rediscovered my passion for teamwork and collaboration, which have been the hallmark of my career. I’ve realized that I’m not as effective as a lone wolf and how much I love helping others grow and prosper within the context of a TEAM you LOVE.
- Our monthly business income is now 4x what it was before I stopped working in April. And we’re only scratching the surface of what is possible.
- This morning as an example, I set a personal record for the amount of deep sleep in a night, beyond anything I thought possible a few months ago. And my body has already released 22 inches of girth during this lengthy process of unlearning. As I enter this season of relearning, I’m excited about what’s to come.
Other practical resources to help you ReFIRE mentioned in this series:
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep & Dreams by Matthew Walker
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by John Mark Comer
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Busy World by Cal Newport
- I've Been Thinking...Reflections, Prayers and Meditations for a Meaningful Life by Maria Shriver.
Please note that some links above are affiliates: which does not increase the price to you, yet supports our work with a small commission for sharing these resources.
Catch our next episode next Monday morning. Subscribe in Apple Podcasts or any of your favorite podcast players so you don’t miss a single episode.
So, let's draw deeper faith, inspiration and encouragement in our Begin Again moments.
If you like what you hear, please share with your friends and leave us an honest review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen. Capture a screenshot of your review and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your free gift, Future 7 Figure CEO.
Remember, the biggest Breakthroughs in life and business occur the moment you decide to #BeginAgain.