060. Adventuring Together with Greta Eskridge
“Adventure is the vehicle, connection is our destination.”
Second generation homeschool mom Greta Eskridge wrote a book! Adventuring Together: How to Create Connections and Make Lasting Memories with Your Kids...and it’s not only an awesome resource for homeschool families but ALL families! Adventuring together becomes an art, a simple space of connection & fun, and is totally do-able when viewed through the lovely lens Greta offers us.
This book is for all families (this episode is for all families!), whether you’d consider yourself a high adventure person, adventure weary, or if a trip to the store with toddlers is probably all the adventure you can handle in this season…this book is for you. Greta shares so much about how to engage with our children, embrace the new, and make our adventures positive learning experiences.
Greta’s Bio: Greta Eskridge is a nature lover, book reader, and coffee drinker. She craves relationship and loves having adventures. Her faith in God is the lens through which she sees life. Greta is a home schooling mom of 4, a wife of 22 years to Aaron, and an author and speaker.
Greta’s first book, Adventuring Together, releases July 2020 with Thomas Nelson. Greta is passionate about helping parents protect their kids from the devastating effects of pornography and she loves to travel the country sharing her message of joyful, connected parenting.
Greta would love to connect with you on her blog at www.gretaeskridge.com. She also loves hanging out on Instagram and would love to connect with you there too. You’ll find her @maandpamodern
“We were made for hard things…and this will make a good story later.” (my new life philosophy inspired by Greta and other mamas)
In this episode Greta and I talk about:
· The practice and time it takes to get the hang of homeschooling (every drop in the bucket counts)
· What it means to adventure together
· Why connection is so important
· What it’s like to be a second generation homeschooler
· How adventuring can bring joy into motherhood
· The call to connect with our kids and family
· The role of adventure in homeschool and motherhood
· Hope for the teenage years
· Being intentional with our kiddos
· Adventuring with various personality types
· Coping with misadventure
· Unplugging & distractions
· How we can provide learning opportunities for our children
· Adventuring with little kids—the good, the bad, the ugly, & the magical
· Starting adventure clubs and book clubs!
· Adventuring through books
· How Greta offers support for other moms
· And just so, so, so much encouragement!
Elevating Motherhood Links:
Please Visit Today's Sponsors:
Blossom & Root: www.elevatingmotherhood.com/homeschool
Homeschool Explained: www.homeschoolexplained.com