063: OLYMPIAN SPEAKS - Being ALPHA Against All Odds
This is the inspiring story of an Alpha who became that against all odds.
Bill Schuffenhauer spent some of his childhood homeless and was in 17 foster homes because of his mother's addictions and prostitution. As he became a man, he made some Alpha decisions about who he was going to be and became a three-time Olympian.
He is now a motivational speaker, an advocate for homeless families and coaches corporations and mentors men dealing with depression, addiction and suicidal impulses. This is such a big opportunity to learn from a guy who's been there and done that, from the despair that led to a suicide attempt, himself, to representing the USA in three Olympic Games and winning the first medal for the US in 46 years in four-man bobsled. Trust me, this will challenge you to reach for the Alpha in you.
Questions answered today:
- When did you first realize that you were special and had some gifts and talents?
- You had every excuse in the book...why didn’t you fall into the trap of making excuses?
- When was your athletic journey the hardest and what did you do then?
- What was your motivation to succeed?
- Of all of your accomplishments and successes, what single moment stands out the most as a defining moment in your journey? Describe that.
- Do you or did you have haters?
- What struggle are you the most proud of for pushing through?
- What makes a man a real man?
- What is the most 'alpha' thing about you and were you born with that or did you develop it?
- What are you doing now?
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/alphaquorum/message