068. 31 Days to Great Sex with Sheila Wray Gregoire
I almost called this show: “The Truth About Sex: Libido Differences, Mindset, & Confidence” because there is so much to author Sheila Wray Gregoire’s messages in her new book 31 Days to Great Sex. You’ll hear in this conversation just how understanding and compassionate she is while also encouraging us to take small steps forward toward a better sex life.
The work she is doing is incredible. Sheila really flings open the door when it comes to sex—how we view it, how we talk about it—she brings honest perspective to the table for us to consider. In her newest book she points out that our primary sex organ is…our brain. Mind. Blown. When I read that I couldn’t help but think how freeing that thought was—what a conversation starter for any couple! (or moms group!)
We talk about lots of mom specific things in this episode…exhaustion and how to overcome it, connection, rebuilding trust, and confidence (in the bedroom, within our marriage, and in our own skin).
Sheila’s Bio: Sheila Wray Gregoire is a popular speaker, marriage blogger, and the author of eight books, including The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex. She loves encouraging women in their relationships, both with God and with their husbands, children, and friends. Her passion is for marriage, and she and her husband Keith speak together at marriage outreaches and at FamilyLife Canada marriage conferences. Sheila believes in authenticity, and gives real solutions to the very real and messy problems women, and couples, can face. You can usually find her in Belleville, Ontario, where she’s constantly texting her two young adult daughters and knitting. Preferably simultaneously.
In This Episode Sheila & I Talk About:
· Her two books on sex and how they differ
· The importance of being
· How sex is so much more than a physical act
· How to put the
· Mindset & beliefs we have around sex
· Looking at sex through the female lens
· Differences between men & women
· How we’re not broken if we don’t want to have sex on demand
· The toxic Hollywood views & messages of our culture that portrays sex all wrong
· Libido differences—they are normal and fluctuate
· Orgasm & foreplay
· Transitioning out of an “in control, clean, and organized” mindset
· Rebuilding trust
· Exhaustion and sex
· Not making sex a “to do” list item
· Survey results: the best years for sex in a marriage are between years 16 to 24
· Closeness that can come with raising kids together
· Identifying roadblocks to sex
· How porn effects marriages and warps our view of sex
· Confidence in the bedroom
· Dropping the pass/fail mindset when it comes to sex
· The power of flirting!
· Not making sex such a “heavy”
· Becoming brave when we talk about sex
· Finding ways to get to know ourselves, meet our needs, and just open up and talk about sex, be honest about it, and enjoy it
You can connect with all things Sheila at: www.tolovehonorandvacuum.com
Love the podcast? Please let me & your mama friends know! Leave a review on iTunes to let me what’s serving you best. And share, share, share the show on social media, with friends & family, by word of mouth—whatever way you want to bring in your sisters to the conversation as we elevate modern motherhood together!
Elevating Motherhood Links: