069 Kickstarting His Authorpreneur Career, Paddy Finn Is Always Up For An Adventure,
Cops and Writers are taking you across the pond to the Emerald Isle with Paddy Finn!
Have you ever considered selling all your worldly possessions and embarking on a six-month trip across Europe, and maybe further? This sounds like something a young person just finishing high school or college might do. My guest on today’s show is at the start of this journey, but, with his wife, three small children ranging in age from one to seven, and mother-in-law.
Paddy Finn is no stranger to new adventures. This entrepreneur left a lucrative career in what many would consider the prime of his employment life, to start his author's career.
Today, Paddy Finn is the CEO of Starcane Press and Penny Dragon Games, Paddy Finn writes military science fiction, murder mysteries, and runs several tabletop roleplaying game Kickstarter campaigns each year.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· How he and his family are going to travel Europe in an R.V. while managing his entrepreneurial career.
· Why he is embarking on this adventure.
· How the 20 Books London conference changed his life.
· His path from a lucrative I.T. job to full-time writer, without a safety net!
· Best book marketing advice.
· The importance of 1,000 True Fans or Super Fans.
· The life-changing effect in Paddy’s life with Kickstarter and who should start one.
· Best, and worst, practices with Kickstarter.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Paddy at Starcane Press, Penny Dragon Games, and Killian C. Carter.
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Come join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
If you are a new author and are wondering how to maximize sales or you are a published author who wants to elevate your author career, check out Self Publishing 101 and Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors!