070. Standing Strong: Overcoming Adversity & Living with Confidence with Alli Worthington
Bestselling author, speaker, and mom to 5 boys Alli Worthington is here with us today to share about her new book Standing Strong: A Woman’s Guide to Overcoming Adversity and Living with Confidence.
I loved her book. I felt so understood and genuinely empowered in every chapter. It made me really slow down and take time to reflect on things like: What happens when we show up with faith? What happens when we choose not to be held back by crippling self-doubt and adversity? Why are women drawn to these empowerment movements? What does sisterhood in motherhood look like?
Alli’s message is steeped in abundance and faith. She encourages women to show up as who they are not who they’re told they should be. She confronts these messages about playing small with grace and models how to show up to the world with the gifts and talents we were given. On top of all of this, she’s just a gem. Truly.
Alli’s Bio: Alli Worthington is known for her straight-talking encouragement and practical tools that help women reach their dreams in business and life. She’s a business coach and co-founder of Called Creatives, where she coaches writers and speakers.
Author of The Year of Living Happy, Fierce Faith, and Breaking Busy, Alli is a well-known speaker and host of the popular podcast, The Alli Worthington Show.
Her no-nonsense, guilt-free take on business, family, and balance have led to appearances on TODAY and Good Morning America. (I’m so thrilled to have her here on Elevating Motherhood!)
Alli lives with her husband, Mark, and their five sons outside of Nashville with the only golden retriever who refuses to retrieve.
In this episode, Alli & I talk about:
· Her story
· Online opportunities for women
· Propel Women
· Taking responsibility for who/what we allow into our lives
· Not letting self doubt hold us back
· Answering God’s call
· The Writing Process: what it’s like to write and publish a book
· Showing up in Faith
· Breaking out of the good girl narrative
· The difference between playing small & humility
· Abundance…morethan enough
· Being called to more…and answering the call
· How we can face adversity & self doubt with strength, purpose, & courage
· Practical steps for us to reframe to abundance
· Partnership mindset
· Women hold the world up
· Women as world changers
· When the enemy holds us down & how we can move forward with confidence in those moments
· The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
· Fear outside of ourselves (and not something is inside)
· Sisterhood in motherhood
· Finding community with other moms
· Why we need “Battle Buddies”
Elevating Motherhood Links: