082 New York Times Best Selling, Edgar Award Winning Author, And Judge, David Ellis
On today’s show, I will interview the Honorable David Ellis.
Judge Ellis is the Edgar-winning bestseller of ten novels of suspense, as well as eight bestsellers co-authored with James Patterson. His latest thriller, LOOK CLOSER, was released in July 2022.
In December 2014, Dave was sworn in as the youngest-serving Justice of the Illinois Appellate Court for the First District. Before taking the bench, Dave was in private practice specializing in constitutional law, where his work included serving as the House Prosecutor who tried and convicted Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich in the impeachment trial before the Illinois Senate.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
· Why David became a lawyer, and ultimately a Justice of the Illinois Appellate Court for the First District.
· How does a person become a judge?
· His favorite part of being a judge.
· When his author life blends with his life on the bench.
· Why he writes.
· His extraordinary workday juggling all of his responsibilities.
· David’s writing process and navigating complex plots.
· Writing with James Patterson.
· The Bobby Knight quote, “Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.”
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast
Visit David's website with links to his books and social media.
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
For you writers out there, Mark Dawson has opened up the wildly popular Ads for Authors class.
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor? You’ve come to the right series!
Book one of Brew City Blues, Field Training, is now live and book two, Probation is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase on December 30, 2022, only on Amazon!