089 CSI: Philadelphia With Crime Scene Investigator Donna Jaconi
My guest on the show today is Author and Crime Scene Investigator, Donna Jaconi.
Officer Jaconi had a distinguished career for 29 years with the City of Philadelphia Police Department. Starting as a fingerprint technician and then being accepted to the police academy. She worked patrol and got her experience on the streets of Philly. Officer Jaconi worked the majority of her career in the Crime Scene Unit. Officer Jaconi has worked the most notorious crime scenes, including processing over 1,000 homicide scenes.
Now retired, she has written the book, “Out of the Darkness: A story of a CSI officer's journey with murder, love, and compassion.”
In today’s episode we discuss:
· How she got her start in the Philadelphia Police Department.
· The special training required for crime scene investigators.
· The job of CSI at crime scenes, specifically homicide, sexual assault, and robbery.
· How she dealt with the horrors she saw on the street on a regular basis.
· The biggest C.S.I. misconceptions on T.V. and Movies.
· Testing for gunshot residue and the use of Luminol.
· How C.S.I.’s package evidence in specific ways.
All of this and more on today’s episode of the Cops and Writers podcast.
Visit Donna on Facebook.
Check out Donna on Liberty Hill Publishing.
Check out Field Training (Brew City Blues Book 1)!!
Enjoy the Cops and Writer's book series.
Please visit the Cops and Writers website.
If you have a question for the sarge, hit him up at his email.
Join the fun at the Cops and Writers Facebook group
Consider buying me a coffee :-)
Do you enjoy gritty, action-packed real-life police dramas to get your fill of blood, heartache, and cop humor, and maybe even a little romance? You’ve come to the right series!
If you're a fan of Hill Street Blues, Southland, or Bosch you’re going to love Brew City Blues!
Book one, Field Training, and two, Probation, are now live, and book three, Choir Practice, is now on pre-order and will be available for purchase February 10, 2023. Exclusively on Amazon!Support the show