09: Taking responsibility for our theology
Nate and Tim step back from the Old Testament theology to reflect on why theology matters at all. Ideas trickle downstream. The affects of this trickle-down and the consequences of our theology matter, especially when they’re coming from the top of white evangelicalism and may be propping up some of our nation’s ugliest ideologies.
Want to help support this work?
- If you'd like to donate, you can do that here. (Even just $1/month helps a TON!)
- Get occasional email updates here!
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Share an episode with a friend. :)
- Altar on the Water by Tim Ritter
- White Evangelicals Must Ask, “Why Does Our Theology Lead to Republicanism?” by Jemar Tisby
- #ITSNOTUS: Being Evangelical Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry by Timothy Gloege
- Among white evangelicals, regular churchgoers are the most supportive of Trump by Pew Research
- James 3:1
Music: Cale Haugen
61: Bodies for Both Worlds (Heaven Part 3)
60: Heaven as a Revolution (Heaven Part 2)
59: I'll fly away, old glory (Heaven Part 1)
58: Who the hell knows (Hell Part 3)
57: To hell with hell (Hell Part 2)
56: Scared to Death (Hell Part 1)
55: Wade Mullen - Church abuse and cover-up
54: Brandi Miller - Farewell white theology
53: So... marry the Bible? (Questions Part 3)
52: So… divine healing. (Questions Part 2)
51: So… evangelism. (Questions Part 1)
50: 1 year in
49: Making Hezekiah Great Again (How The Bible Works)
48: Old Testament jerks (How The Bible Works)
47: Tim Mackie - A conversation starter (Part 2)
46: Tim Mackie - Riddles in the Bible (Part 1)
45: Why Seams & Stitching Matter (How The Bible Works)
44: Scrolls & Seams (How The Bible Works)
43: Literary Layers & Ananias and Sapphira (How The Bible Works)
42: Copy, Paste & Psalm 108 (How The Bible Works)