09: Taking responsibility for our theology
Nate and Tim step back from the Old Testament theology to reflect on why theology matters at all. Ideas trickle downstream. The affects of this trickle-down and the consequences of our theology matter, especially when they’re coming from the top of white evangelicalism and may be propping up some of our nation’s ugliest ideologies.
Want to help support this work?
- If you'd like to donate, you can do that here. (Even just $1/month helps a TON!)
- Get occasional email updates here!
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Share an episode with a friend. :)
- Altar on the Water by Tim Ritter
- White Evangelicals Must Ask, “Why Does Our Theology Lead to Republicanism?” by Jemar Tisby
- #ITSNOTUS: Being Evangelical Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry by Timothy Gloege
- Among white evangelicals, regular churchgoers are the most supportive of Trump by Pew Research
- James 3:1
Music: Cale Haugen