092: Money Talks #18: Wirecard & BaaS | Circit as a Panacea | Diffuse & Overseas Startup Investors
In this week's Money Talks segment, Pete Townsend and Eoin Fitzgerald look ahead to the impact of Wirecard on Banking-as-a-Service, how the Irish tech startup Circit could have prevented the Wirecard audit mess, and Diffuse's take on startups looking overseas for venture capital investors.
This episode of MoneyNeverSleeps is kindly sponsored by Ireland’s fintech and financial services recruitment specialists, Top Tier Recruitment. If you would like an intro to the team at Top Tier Recruitment, please click here.
For insights delivered to your inbox beyond the spoken word, subscribe to our MoneyNeverSleeps newsletter right here on Substack.
In this episode, Eoin and Pete dig into pieces of content from this week that are relevant to the cosmic cloud of startups, tech, venture deals and enterprise in which they live.
The main stories stories covered in this week's episode include:
· A special segment from David Heath, founder and CEO of Irish tech startup Circit, on how Circit could have prevented the Wirecard audit mess where Wirecard's purported cash balances were not being properly confirmed by auditors.
· The Problem with Raising Money Overseas(Diffuse blog, 1st July)
· Japan's SBI to Launch Crypto Fund with 50% in XRP(iHodl, 26th June)
· Unilever and Verizon are the latest companies to pull their advertising from Facebook (TechCrunch, 26th June)
· Deutsche Bank Taps Symphony & WhatsApp for Messaging Platforms (MarketsMedia, 25th June)
Books we're reading this week:
- On Pete's Kindle this week is My Trip to the Startup World: the Voice of Fintech by Rudi Falat who was on episode 74
- Eoin is reading only news and blogs this week as he's been drafting the MoneyNeverSleeps newsletter!
Please visit https://www.moneyneversleeps.ie/for all of our other episodes.
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/moneyneversleeps/support