093 - WPPI Preview
Heading to WPPI 2023 in Las Vegas? That's the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International for those who don't know, and it's the largest photography convention around.
Our guest for this episode, and, for the moment, the most frequent guest on the show, Leighton DaCosta is giving us a preview of the convention as well as thoughts on what to do while you're in Vegas.
But that's not all we are discussing in this episode. We also touch on why it is important for photographers to have insurance, both on your gear and liability insurance.
Finally, we touch on machine learning and artificial intelligence and how photographers can benefit from implementing it in their business. More on AI and photography coming in future episodes!
This episode includes promos for the following:
- Fast and secure website hosting from Siteground
- Let’s Be Real Unposed Photography Prompts
- Free Trial of Audible Plus
Support the Podcast
- Leave reviews! Reviews help a lot. Seriously, every new review helps us reach new listeners who might not find the podcast. You can leave reviews for the Nerdy Photographer on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, and GoodPods (those last two you can rate and review individual episodes). Did I mention that we are now the NUMBER ONE indie photography podcast on GoodPods?
- Tell people about The Nerdy Photographer Podcast!
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on Instagram
- Follow @thenerdyphoto on TikTok
- Grab yourself some photography merchandise like t-shirts, mugs, and stickers!
About My Guest
Leighton DaCosta, or “LD” as many know him by, is a Wedding and Fine Art Portrait Photographer based in Southern California. He started his photography business more than 15 years ago while serving in the Navy. Due to the military requirements, he learned to make his studio “interstate mobile” as he has operated for extended periods in Virginia, Florida, Utah, Georgia, South Carolina, and California. He’s conducted photo assignments in exotic and remote places such as Dubai, Jamaica, and Aruba; as well as several years flying over Afghanistan.
When not creating content of his own, Leighton diligently works at educating photographers and others in the industry in not only content creation but also in business practices geared for the creative.