097: Money Talks #20: Microsoft Goes TikTok and Monzo on the Clock
This week, Pete and Eoin dive into the curious deal brewing between Microsoft and TikTok, a crystal ball view into what's going on with the challenger bank Monzo, all topped off with the recent news on Square and piped-in crowd noise for Pete's beloved Boston Red Sox..
This episode is kindly sponsored by Ireland’s fintech and financial services recruitment specialists, Top Tier Recruitment. If you would like an intro to the team at Top Tier Recruitment, please click here.
For insights delivered to your inbox beyond the spoken word, subscribe to our MoneyNeverSleeps newsletter right here on Substack.
Stories covered and and things we touched on this week include:
- The biggest problem with Microsoft’s fractured TikTok deal (The Verge, 4-Aug-20)
- Monzo sees losses double despite revenue bump (Sifted, Isabel Woodford, 30-Jul-20)
- Square’s Big Bitcoin Haul Is Good for Square but Better for Bitcoin (Barron's, 5-Aug-20)
- John Collison – Growing the Internet Economy - do general accounting practices need to change to capture the true value of a company like Stripe? (Invest Like the Best, EP.178)
- Artificial-noise plan is designed to get the crowd into the game at Fenway Park (Boston Globe, 23-Jul-20)
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/moneyneversleeps/support