1: Perri Shakes-Drayton Edwards | Injury teaches toughness
Perri Shakes-Drayton Edwards (@shakesdrayton) is a retired British track and field athlete. She specialised in the 400 metres & 400 metres hurdles. In 2013 she experienced a knee injury at the 2013 World Championships that forced ultimately shaped the rest of her athletics career.
She is the 2013 European Indoor Champion, a 2012 World Indoor Championship gold medalist in the 4 x 400 metres relay and a 2017 silver and 2011 bronze medalist in the 4 × 400 m relay at the World Championships.
She had a spell on ITV's TV show Dancing on Ice and recently got married to Big Brother Nigeria TV personality Mike Edwards (@aireyys) .
What We Discuss with Perri Shakes-Drayton:
- How she developed her mental attitude and the beginning of Perri Shakes-Drayton.
- How to deal with injury, not knowing the outcome and return to normality.
- How chasing your dreams with no backup plan can be detrimental.
- Why talking is very important to aid your mental well-being.
- The Perri Shakes-Drayton Journey and the impact of what led to who she is today.
- And much more…
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.