#1 How We Got to Hadestown - WitW Behind the Scenes
Brendon and Gabriela of Wait in the Wings discuss the history of Hadestown, what was removed from the script of the Wait in the Wings video, who was interviewed for the episode, and what the ultimate legacy of Hadestown will be on Broadway.
Join us for an in depth discussion of Anais Mitchell's masterpiece, Rachel Chavkin's Direction, Michael Chorney's musical orchestration, and Ben Matchstick's impact on the early stages of the piece. Brendon discusses his interviews with choreographer David Neumann and chorus members Jessie Shelton, Kimberly Marable, and T. Oliver Reid.
Wait in the Wings is an acclaimed YouTube channel that covers the history of Broadway musicals like Starlight Express, The Spongebob Squarepants Musical, and Carrie the Musical. Too Much Exposition is hosted by Wait in the Wings founder Brendon Henderson, and Wait in the Wings Script Supervisor Gabriela Day. The two are long-time theatre lovers and use their educational background in theatre to make entertaining educational content.
- Wait in the Wings YouTube Channel: youtube.com/waitinthewings
- Gabriela Day YouTube Channel: youtube.com/channel/UCfl7NiaV8aH3q4N7KLXOZvA
- Too Much Exposition Twitter: twitter.com/2muchexpo
- Gabriela Day Twitter: twitter.com/Gabrieladazed
- Brendon Henderson Twitter: twitter.com/WaitWings
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices