1.09 | Intellectual Wellness
"As intellectual wellness develops, you are able to develop personal resources that work together with the other realms of wellness in order to be achieve a more balanced life."
In this episode, we'll be discussing the following:
- Patterns of Recording the Wellness Series
- Recording episodes based on comfort level of various dimensions of wellness
- Definition of Intellectual Wellness
- Why Intellectual Wellness is Important
- The Route to Intellectual Wellness
This episode had *no* notes prior to recording...
...all notes are a synopsis of what was discussed during the recording.
My Own Story with regard to Intellectual Wellness
- Microphone difficulties in beginning of episode
- Perception on the relationship between ourselves and our environments
- Discussion of my own personal bias against the "intellectual elite"
- Proclamation of my own lack of understanding and ignorance
- Self education vs Establishment education
- Curiosity, Open-Mindedness
- Intellectual Wellness is the ability think critically, explore, learn, and execute
- Active Listening
- Effective Communication vs Waiting to Talk
- Personal Connectivity from interpersonal dialogue
- Setting aside ego and being fully present with people
- Hobbies and Volunteer Work - exposure to learn and give back
- Balanced approach towards all aspects of Wellness
- End goal = Living a healthy, positive, and beneficial life.
- Intellectual Wellness - https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/wellness/intellectual/
- All Around Growth Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/allaroundgrowth/
Support the show (https://www.facebook.com/groups/allaroundgrowth)