101: Joining the Federation
The advantages of Federating a local and remote Nextcloud, Chris replaces Google Home Hub's photo powers and the new docker-compose feature that will change Alex's entire setup.
Special Guest: Brent Gervais.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 3 users and 100 devices for free.
- 45drives: The HL15 from 45HomeLab is an open-source, open-platform, 15-bay homelab server.
- Berlin with Brent, Sat, Jul 22, 2023 — Brent loved his time in Berlin so much, he's going back for more!
- Berlin Buds Matrix Chat — Join the realtime Berlin chat room on Matrix.
- MicroBin v2 Released — I am proud that MicroBin now contributes to a world-wide effort towards making privacy accessible and easy, and I hope v2 will help it towards becoming the secure self-hosted file-sharing solution.
- Docker | MicroBin — For Docker, you can either use our setup script, or download the Dockerfile and .env file in the repository and set it up yourself. The image is also available on DockerHub.
- MicroBin Demo Page
- Fully Kiosk Browser - Home Assistant — Fully Kiosk Browser is a powerful kiosk browser for Android devices. It provides a number of features for monitoring and controlling your Android device. This integration gives you access to control your device and view the status in Home Assistant.
- Fotoo - Photo Frame Slideshow — Turn your tablet/TV/phone into an elegant digital photo frame and photo slideshow player!
- Fotoo - Digital Photo Frame Photo Slideshow Player on Amazon
- Samba - NixOS Wiki — This guide will help you on how to use samba on nixos.
- USB Smart WiFi Adaptor for USB — Splenssy Tuya Micro DC 5V. Turn on/off the light with your smartphone from miles away.
- What Exactly Is Federation, Anyways? — Really, federation is just, well, decentralization with extra features. Decentralized software is where, in effect, anyone can run their own instance, there is no one ‘central’ location.
- Configuring Federation Sharing — Nextcloud — Federated Cloud Sharing is now managed by the Federation app (9.0+), and is now called Federation sharing. When you enable the Federation app you can easily and securely link file shares between Nextcloud servers, in effect creating a cloud of Nextclouds.
- Include | Docker Documentation — A Compose application can declare dependency on another Compose application.
- introduce include to load sub-compose projects as dependencies by ndeloof — Pull Request #416
- Plex Dupefinder — Plex DupeFinder is a python script that finds duplicate versions of media (TV episodes and movies) in your Plex Library and tells Plex to remove the lowest rated files/versions (based on user-specified scoring) to leave behind a single file/version.
- Free your notes - Obsidian — The first conversion format we have added is .enex for Evernote.
- Why I stopped using Intel GVT-g on Proxmox with Quick Sync — The promise of GVT-g technically was very high. One box to rule them all. However in practice, it just didn't live up to expectations.
- Crackpipe — the decentralized gaming platform for 'alternatively obtained' games
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Send a Boost into the show, first grab Alby and then top it off directly or with the CashApp.
- ⚡ Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Once Alby is topped off, head over to the Podcast Index and Boost from their website! 🍻
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store