102. How to Let a Failed Business Lead to a Successful One with Jillian Tedesco
“If you aren’t taking care of your spirit, I just feel like your body is going to wear down.” – Jillian Tedesco
On this episode of The Leadership Locker, fit-flavors Founder and CEO Jillian Tedesco joins Rich to discuss her transition from being a personal trainer to a chef and entrepreneur. Listen in as Rich and Jillian talk about nutrition, cheat days, and the importance of changing things up.
Jillian Tedesco is a Christian, mom, wife, certified chef, founder & CEO of fit-flavors, becoming author, yogi, and golfer with a vibrant personality. Jillian’s passion for God, her family, and her business shines through to even the most distant stranger. In the past year, Jillian has opened up about the raw truths in her own journey and is in the process of publishing her first book in 2021 called Owning the Wait. She’s also started a Tough Love from Jillian newsletter & blog and is getting ready to launch Season 1 of her new podcast called Owning the Wait.
- 00:09 – Introduction
- 03:46 – About Jillian
- 04:41 – From personal trainer to chef and entrepreneur
- 11:42 – Transitioning to brick and mortar
- 14:02 – Giving employees control over what they do
- 18:02 – Why to-go?
- 19:05 – Growing the company
- 20:54 – Managing labor
- 22:23 – The importance of variety and changing things up
- 25:26 – Jillian’s book
- 27:59 – How Jillian’s faith helps her
- 29:17 – Jillian’s upcoming process
- 33:11 – Cheat days
- 37:12 – Nutrition and expectation management
- 40:27 – How to get in touch with Jillian
- 42:34 – Rich’s closing remarks
Here is how to connect with Jillian:
Connect with Rich: