104: “The magic of Augmented Reality”, with special guest Roxana Jula
Roxana Jula joins John to discuss Apple’s various tools, frameworks, and APIs for building Augmented Reality experiences. How to get started building AR-based apps, what’s the current state of AR on Apple’s platforms, and how might that change if Apple were to introduce dedicated AR hardware in the future?
- Stream: Build scalable in-app chat or activity feeds in record time using Stream’s open source, Swift-native SDK that’s backed by enterprise-grade server infrastructure. Get started for free at getstream.io/sundell, or browse their open job positions at getstream.io/team.
- Instabug: Incredibly useful bug, crash, and performance monitoring for iOS apps. Go to instabug.com/sundell to start your free trial.
- Roxana on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Roxana’s website
- Reality Converter and Reality Composer
- The USDZ file format
- Child view controllers
- Ray Wenderlich’s “ARKit by Tutorials” book
- Max Frazer’s RealityKit shader tutorial
- Ryan Kopinsky’s “Reality School” YouTube channel
- Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines for AR
- IKEA Place
- The “Create 3D models with Object Capture” WWDC session
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk