1053: How to Stop Bingeing, Whole Body Workouts vs Body Part Splits, the Impact of Alcohol on Workouts & MORE!
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by MAPS Fitness Products (www.mapsfitnessproducts.com), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about influencers and bodybuilders who use body part splits instead of whole body workouts, the best way to stop bingeing, how alcohol affects workouts, and if they would ever do a powerlifting competition.
- Mind Pump: Preparing you for the end of the world. (5:07)
- Mind Pump’s newest sponsor providing the audience their BEST night's sleep, ChiliPad. (10:17)
- The myths surrounding the percentage of marriages that end in divorce. (18:45)
- ‘Mukbang’ the new YouTube sensation! (30:28)
- How Spotify pursues emotional surveillance for global profit. Going down the rabbit hole of the future of marketing/advertising with Mind Pump. (34:05)
- Beverly Hills becomes the first U.S. city to ban tobacco sales. (44:30)
- The importance of taking sleep seriously and testing your levels when it comes to your gains. (48:10)
- At what point will eating fish not be considered healthy? Monterey Bay littered with tiny plastic pieces, a new study finds. (52:57)
- Mind Pump pop culture hour. (55:14)
- #Quah question #1 – You have talked about why whole-body workouts tend to be superior to splits, but it seems all the influencers and bodybuilders on social media utilize a body part split and look amazing. Can you speak to this? I am someone wants to transform my body. (1:00:05)
- #Quah question #2 – What's the best way to stop or help with a pretty bad bingeing problem? My relationship with food has been so bad for so long, I just can’t seem to figure out how to fix it. (1:11:58)
- #Quah question #3 – How does alcohol affect your gym routine? (1:24:01)
- #Quah question #4 - Would you guys ever do a powerlifting competition? Why or why a not? (1:33:27)
- Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfieldfitness) Instagram
- Sandra Lee, MD, FAAD, FAACS (@drpimplepopper) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- June Promotion: MAPS Strong ½ off!! **Code “STRONG50” at checkout**
- Visit ChiliPad for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “MPOOLER” at checkout**
- iGen: Why Today's Super-Connected Kids Are Growing Up Less Rebellious, More Tolerant, Less Happy--and Completely Unprepared for Adulthood--and What That Means for the Rest of Us – Book by Jean M. Twenge PhD
- What Is the Divorce Rate, Really?
- Mukbang Millionaire: Inside the slurp-tacular success of a shellfish-sucking superstar
- Spotify turns our emotions into data, and then profits off of them
- Visit Brain.fm for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners.
- Laws Governing Subliminal Messages in Advertisements | Chron.com
- Beverly Hills becomes first U.S. city to ban tobacco sales
- Visit Everly Well for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- Swings in dad's testosterone affects the family -- for better or worse -- after baby arrives
- Levels of plastic pollution in Monterey Bay rival those in Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- Big Little Lies - Official Website for the HBO Series - HBO.com
- Mind Pump Free Resources