1056: How to Maximize Muscle Growth by Lifting with a Full Range of Motion, the Role the Mind-Muscle Connection Plays in Hypertrophy, the Importance of Frequency for Muscle Development & MORE
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by Organifi (organifi.com/mindpump, code "mindpump" for 20% off), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about which builds more strength and muscle... locking out reps or keeping some flex to keep tension on the muscles, the importance of the mind-muscle connection for hypertrophy, the benefits of lifting unwieldy items like heavy bags or heavy slam balls compared to traditional barbells, and doing daily work on a muscle group to help with development.
- Mind Pump ‘Pop Culture’ Hour: How a GOOD movie will really affect you. (5:32 )
- Anytime Fitness' body-shaming email is under fire. Is this ‘outrage culture’ going too far? (12:40 )
- The cannabinoid ‘Entourage Effect’ explained, how NED stands out above the rest & MORE. (17:40 )
- Mind Pump Live updates. (26:28 )
- Mind Pump Kitchen ‘Organifi Brownies’ recipe. (30:05 )
- Father’s Day weekend recap. (31:24 )
- Netflix steps into the video game market: Smart move or not? (38:01 )
- Why ‘new media’ is positioning itself to be the dominant form of how people view content. (46:13 )
- #Quah question #1 – For exercises like a dumbbell bench press is it better to lock out your reps or keep constant tension on the pecs? My intention is overall strength and muscle gains. (50:37 )
- #Quah question #2 – How important is the mind-muscle connection for hypertrophy? (56:55 )
- #Quah question #3 – Can you explain the benefits of lifting more unwieldy items like heavy bags or heavy slam balls, compared to traditional barbells that are easier to grip? Can one achieve as much strength and muscle gain maneuvering as a 50 lb. barbell vs. a 50 lb. slam ball? (1:05:55 )
- #Quah question #4 – Do you suggest doing daily work on a muscle group, such as daily core work, to help with development? (1:15:25 )
- Jessica Rothenberg (@thetraininghour) Instagram
- Ben Pakulski (@bpakfitness) Instagram
- Robert Oberst (@robertoberst) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- June Promotion: MAPS Strong ½ off!! **Code “STRONG50” at checkout**
- Westworld - Official Website for the HBO Series - HBO.com
- Woman ‘horrified’ by gym's body-shaming email: 'Call it what it is ...FAT'
- Mind Pump 985: Mark Mastrov- Fitness Industry Empire Builder, NBA Owner & Original Mind Pump Mentor
- Visit Ned for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Check out Mind Pump Live to get tickets for their next live event!
- Visit Organifi for the exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- Vegan Chocolate Chunk Protein Brownies – Organifi Blog
- Netflix Takes Baby Steps Into Video Gaming - Fortune
- Stranger Things | Netflix Official Site
- You vs. Wild | Netflix Official Site
- What's Behind Netflix's Podcast Ambitions? - Vulture
- Dinosaur Training: Lost Secrets of Strength and Development – Book by Brooks D Kubik
- Mind Pump Free Resources