1058: Ideal Rest Time Between Sets, How to Spot a Bogus Study, Morning Neck Pain Solutions & MORE
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by MAPS Fitness Products (www.mapsfitnessproducts.com), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about the best rest time in between sets for building muscle, what to do if you wake up with a kink in your neck or sore shoulders, how to tell whether a study is BS or not, and if the NBA should implement measures to limit injuries like Kevin Durant's and Klay Thompson's at the end of the season.
- Mind Pump tells all! Old and current significant others beware. (4:38)
- Once you go Felix Gray, you can’t go back. (10:18)
- Summer is here, it’s grilling season! Time to stock up that Butcher Box inventory. (16:32)
- Justin is looking for some ‘quality meat’ for the MAPS Programs & MORE. Slide into the DM’s if you live and breathe fitness. (21:00)
- Calling all male physique athletes and aspiring competitors: STOP it with the supplements! (23:00)
- How chronic inflammation makes you less motivated. (34:23)
- The importance of changing the atmosphere. Updates on the guy's current fitness programming. (36:04)
- Scientists have developed an ingenious way to convert blood into a universal donor type. (40:45)
- Facebook introduces Project Libra: The future is here! (42:56)
- #Quah question #1 – What is the best rest time in between sets for building muscle? (46:43)
- #Quah question #2 – If you wake up with a kink in your neck or sore shoulders, is it ok to prime and workout through the soreness? If the soreness is turning into pain, is it better to stop? (53:21)
- #Quah question #3 – How can you tell whether a study is BS or not? With so many contradictory studies, how can you tell what to believe? (1:02:31)
- #Quah question #4 – With both Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson going down with serious injuries at about the same time at the end of the season, do you think these injuries are due to overuse and lack of recovery? Do you think the NBA could or should put measures on these things from happening such as shorter playing seasons, etc.? (1:11:49)
- 4x Mr. Olympia Physique Champ (@jeremy_buendia) Instagram
- Mark Bell (@marksmellybell) Instagram
- Scott Stevenson (@fortitude_training) Instagram
- Dr. Justin Brink (@premiere_spine_sport) Instagram
- Layne Norton, PhD (@biolayne) Instagram
- Cory Schlesinger (@schlesstrength) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- June Promotion: MAPS Strong ½ off!! **Code “STRONG50” at checkout**
- Visit Felix Gray for the exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit Butcher Box for this month’s exclusive Mind Pump offer!
- Check out Mind Pump Live to get tickets for their next live event!
- If interested in shooting to be featured in upcoming MAPS program or product – Email Justin Andrews: email@example.com
- How chronic inflammation may drive down dopamine and motivation
- These gut enzymes could save lives by converting Type A blood to Type O