#106: Black Moms Matter
In Episode 106, Quinn & Brian ask: Why is it so dangerous to have Black babies in America?
Our guest is Congresswoman Lauren Underwood, the millenial Black nurse and former senior adviser to President Obama. Her “Momnibus Act” is a suite of 12 bills designed to improve Black maternal health outcomes in America, where Black women are dying in or after childbirth at 3x-4x rates of white women.
In this incredible conversation, Rep. Underwood goes deep to help us understand the complexities of the problem, the crushing personal inspiration for her work, and what we can all do to help.
Have feedback or questions? Tweet us, or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important, Not Important Book Club:
Connect with us:
- Subscribe to our newsletter at ImportantNotImportant.com!
- Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/ImportantNotImp
- Follow Quinn: twitter.com/quinnemmett
- Follow Brian: twitter.com/briancolbertken
- Like and share us on Facebook: facebook.com/ImportantNotImportant
- Intro/outro by Tim Blane: timblane.com
Important, Not Important is produced by Crate Media