1067: The 5 Biggest Lies in Fitness
In this episode, Sal, Adam and Justin pull back the curtain on the fitness industry and reveal five of the biggest lies in fitness promoted by social media influencers, bodybuilders and supplement companies.
- The cultural phenomena of old media. (2:13)
- The Biggest Myths and Lies in Fitness. (5:05)
- #1 – The romantic notion of ‘beast mode’. (7:01)
- #2 – How all exercises are NOT created equal. (27:20)
- #3 – The meal frequency myth. (39:20)
- #4 – How we have been OVERSOLD on the health benefits of supplements. (50:30)
- #5 – Because someone looks the part, they have the knowledge and wisdom. (1:01:00)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- July Promotion: MAPS Anywhere ½ off!! **Code “ANYWHERE50” at checkout**
- Overtraining Is KILLING Your Gains! (How Much Is Too Much?) | Mind Pump TV
- How Often Should I Go to the Gym?
- Exercises That You Probably Aren’t Doing That You Should Be Doing For Maximum Muscle Gain
- International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: meal frequency
- The Meal Frequency Myth
- Bulking, Meal Timing, and Gains!! (QUAH # 1) | MIND PUMP
- 'Take portion sizes back to the 1950s to beat obesity,' say scientists who warn servings have ballooned
- Not All Protein Is Created Equal (PROTEIN POWDER GUIDE)
- Are Any Supplements Worth The Cost?
- Mind Pump Free Resources