107. You Don't Owe an Explanation
Today we are coming to you live from our family road trip!
Welcome back to the Family Brand Podcast! Every year around this time, the Smiths get a whole new look. You may think we are referring to ugly Christmas sweaters or our favorite Holiday outfits, but we are talking about our Cowboy hats and boots.
We take a trip to Las Vegas to see Chris compete in the National Rodeo Championships. If you haven’t known us long, this family hobby may surprise you. However, if you have been around awhile you know that we love the country scene as much as the surf scene!
We have a mixed bag of interests, hobbies, and things we like to do as a family. We love to go on adventures together so we find ourselves in the most interesting places and conversations.
Sometimes, those conversations can go south quickly. As you find the vision for your family and you create your “Family Brand.” you’ll discover fast that some people have a lot to say…
It may feel like everyone has an opinion on your life and how you live it. Some people may even ask you why? Or proceed to tell you that you are wrong. Maybe you have experienced similar situations in your life.
In this episode, we have an honest conversation about when you owe an explanation and when you don’t. In modern culture, we all spend too much time apologizing or explaining why we do things that matter to us.
Don’t get us wrong, of course, there are valid times to give someone an explanation, but for the most part, we want to encourage you to take back your power and give less energy to people who ask questions they don’t really care to know the answer to. Or people who ask questions just to knock you down.
We hope this episode encourages you and your family embraces more of what you want to do in the new year! If you liked this “coaching” style content, let us know! Reach out to us via the links below.
More Of What’s Inside:
- You don’t owe anyone an explanation
- When you told people you were moving to Hawaii
- Why you don’t have to apologize when you fail
- People are asking for an explanation are coming into your world and calendar
- How to take back your family's time
- How Mellissa now handles emails
- How often do you find yourself explaining yourself?
- Chris’ healthy journey in 2022
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute: