11 - What Cancer Patients & Survivors Should Know About COVID-19
Watch the interview on video: https://youtu.be/iA_39qkDWVs
Contact Julie with questions or ideas: email@example.com
Check out the latest virtual wellness programs at Cancer Services: www.cancerservicesonline.org/news
Sign up to be on Cancer Services' email list.
Dr. Wentworth discusses the following with us today:
1. What are the most important things that cancer patients and survivors need to know right now?
2. For someone who is newly diagnosed, or who is currently in the middle of their treatment plan and has to physically go to the treatment center and doctor appointments, what do they need to be doing before, during and after treatments.
3. For people who have completed treatment recently (in the last year), what precautions do they need to take? Are there any certain types of cancer who are at higher risk of complications if they contract COVID-19?
4. For survivors who have completed treatment 2+ years ago, is their risk higher than the average public for their age?
5. Looking farther into the future, what would be some prudent ways for cancer survivors to consider re-entering public life when social distancing measures are lifted?