1108: Using Yoga to Improve Mobility, What to do When Clients Don't Comply with Your Recommendations, Training Clients Who Don't Work Out on Their Own & MORE
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by MAPS Fitness Products (www.mapsfitnessproducts.com), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about whether simple yoga at home a few times a week is a good mobility plan, how to adjust a client’s macros when they are consistently non-compliant, how to train clients who do not work out on their own, and professions they value but could never do.
- Why Dave Chappelle may be the greatest comedian of our generation. (4:50)
- Mind Pump addressing the controversy over Sal’s ‘vegan’ post. (6:34)
- The rise of smartphone technology and its connection to anxiety & depression. (15:45)
- How the ‘influencer’ bubble may have already burst. (18:11)
- Silicon Valley's Chinese-style social credit system. (20:34)
- The ‘Wikipedia’ platform for businesses: How ‘Owler’ is making waves and gaining Adam’s attention. (23:30)
- The science behind why ‘white noise’ helps us sleep better. (25:52)
- Is a nuclear-powered car in our future? (29:13)
- Mind Pump’s take on remakes: Should we update the classics for this new generation or leave them alone? (34:08)
- Disney taking on the ‘binging’ model and will release episodes weekly. (40:35)
- The impact of having strong relationships on your health. (42:14)
- #Quah question #1 – Is simple yoga at home a few times a week a good mobility plan? (45:58)
- #Quah question #2 – How do you adjust your client's macros when they are consistently non-compliant? (55:43)
- #Quah question #3 – How do you train clients who do not want to workout on their own? (1:03:03)
- #Quah question #4 – What's a profession that you value highly but could never do? (1:09:32)
- Layne Norton, PhD (@biolayne) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- August Promotion: MAPS Prime & Prime Pro ½ off!! **Code “PRIME50” at checkout**
- Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones | Netflix Official Site
- You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle's New Netflix Special 'Sticks & Stones'
- Mind Pump 1107: How Going Vegan Can Make You Fat & Sick
- Visit Butcher Box for this month’s exclusive Mind Pump offer!
- Visit Organifi for the exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- Layne Norton Reviews What the Health
- Uh-oh: Silicon Valley is building a Chinese-style social credit system
- Owler: Competitive Intelligence to Outsmart Your Competition
- Why Does White Noise Help People Sleep?
- Visit ChiliPad for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “MPOOLER” at checkout**
- Is a nuclear-powered car in our future?
- Aladdin 2019 | Disney Movies
- The fraught cultural politics of Disney’s new Aladdin remake
- Aladdin Controversy Explained: Why The Disney Remake Has Divided Fans
- Disney+ Ditches "Binge-Watch" Model, Will Release Episodes Weekly
- The health benefits of strong relationships
- Mind Pump Free Resources