111: Realizing You Have More Choice Than You Think in Your Career with Danae Shell
Does a toxic work environment have you questioning your career? Have a racist or sexist boss? Do you want to do something about it, but not sure where to start?
I wish there weren’t a need to tackle this, my love! But it’s so important as women in tech that we know how to protect ourselves.
Let’s talk about access to legal services in your career and what you need to know about your workplace rights.
In today’s episode, I invite my friend, Danae Shell, co-founder and CEO of Valla, to share her nuggets of wisdom on sorting workplace issues (even if you don’t have money for a lawyer!) and how to understand your own rights so you can have more choice in your career.
Ready to feel empowered to tackle any workplace issue?
Let’s go to the show!
We dive into:
- Helping women & marginalized groups access legal services in their careers
- Some powerful examples of Valla’s tools to help you stand up to a toxic boss
- Discrimination First Aid - and how this training can help you
- The 3 stages of sorting through a toxic workplace issue
- Advice on your next step if you are experiencing a toxic work environment
- And so much more
- Find out all about Danae, her work at Valla and Discrimination First Aid:
- Connect with Danae on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danaeyshell/
- Check out Valla: https://valla.law
- Discrimination First Aid training https://valla.uk/discrimination-first-aid-training
- Book: The Good Ally by Nova Reid (Get it at Waterstones here or at Barnes & Noble here)
- Catch the show notes, and more details about today's episode here: https://tonicollis.com/episode111
Join the Leading Women in Tech community in Slack where we discuss all-the-things for women’s tech leadership, covering everything from early-career leadership to C-level executives.