1121: When to Use Cheat Reps, Avoiding Sex to Keep Testosterone High, the Truth About Chiropractors & MORE
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about how and when should one use “cheat” reps, how to adapt workouts to fit a physical job, avoiding sex or masturbation at least 5 days before a competition to keep testosterone high, and whether regular chiropractic adjustments help with improving mobility.
- Adam and family take an unplanned trip to their favorite spot. (6:06)
- Sal and Jessica take a hike to the Pinnacles. (9:02)
- Catrina outfitting her companies’ new gym space using PRx + the guys' favorite way to workout. (11:06)
- Comparing the macro profile of regular almonds to Skinny Dipped almonds. (15:52)
- Settling an old debate between Sal and Adam: What is the greatest cinematic picture of all time? (18:15)
- Why do we focus so heavily on high cholesterol in medicine? (21:35)
- Mind Pump Recommends ‘The Mind, Explained’ on Netflix. (28:45)
- A white couple gives birth to an Asian daughter after alleged fertility clinic mix-up. (35:36)
- #Quah question #1 – How and when should you use cheat reps? (39:04)
- #Quah question #2 – I have a fairly high labored intensive job that involves a lot of bending and lifting in front of me. How should I adapt my workout to fit my activity? Should I focus on pressing movements to counter the pulling I do at work? Or should I just stick to a balanced routine? (46:12)
- #Quah question #3 – As a collegiate track and field athlete one of my coaches told us not to have sex or masturbate at least 5 days before a competition, because it would keep our testosterone high which would help us perform better. Is there truth to this? (52:35)
- #Quah question #4 – What are your thoughts on chiropractors? Do regular adjustments help with improving mobility? (56:32)
- Jim Kwik (@jimkwik) Instagram
- Justin Brink DC (@dr.justinbrink) Instagram
- Dr. Jordan Shallow D.C (@the_muscle_doc) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- September Promotion: MAPS Starter ½ off!! **Code “STARTER50” at checkout**
- Visit Vuori Clothing for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit PRx Performance for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- Visit Skinny Dipped for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- LDL-C does not cause cardiovascular disease: a comprehensive review of the current literature
- The Mind, Explained | Netflix Official Site
- Mind Pump TV - YouTube
- Check out Mind Pump Live to get tickets for their next live event!
- How to manage your mental health | Leon Taylor | TEDxClapham
- White couple gives birth to Asian daughter after alleged fertility clinic mix-up
- The ONLY Way You Should Be Doing Dumbbell Bicep Curls!
- MAPS Fitness Products
- Mind Pump Free