113. How to Avoid a Personal Brand Flop with Talie Miller
“You can’t build a brand around you if you really don’t know what you want to do, why you’re here doing it, and really who you are.” – Talie MIller
On this episode of The Leadership Locker, Rich is joined by personal branding expert Talie Miller. Listen in as Rich and Talie discuss why people struggle with personal branding, why virtual relationships are real relationships, and the difference between personal brand and influence.
Talie Miller is the founder of We Are The New, The Talie Miller Experience and Co-Creator of The Untitled Mastermind, and has been an executive and entrepreneur for over two decades and won juicy AF awards for her work.
- 00:09 – Introduction
- 03:19 – How Talie got into personal branding
- 07:12 – Branding vs. Personal Branding
- 11:18 – Why people struggle with personal branding
- 15:00 – Why you need a personal brand
- 16:48 – How to know when to reassess your personal brand
- 21:24 – Virtual relationships are real relationships
- 27:00 – Qualitative vs. quantitative ROI
- 30:16 – Content creation and sharing
- 37:00 – Knowing your audience
- 42:07 – The importance of flexing on social media
- 45:23 – Comparison and being genuine
- 48:56 – The importance of knowing your goals
- 52:03 – Does Elon Musk think he has a personal brand?
- 54:18 – Personal brand vs. influence
- 59:33 – Rich’s closing remarks
Here’s how you can connect with Talie:
Connect with Rich: