114: Long Distance, Child Focused Co-Parenting. Lose the Ego For The Kids with Ashley Machele
Ashley Machele of Our Splendid Life is back on the show. You may remember her from our 6th episode back in 2018.
If you haven’t been with us since the beginning, I recommend going back and listening to that episode.
We talk about Ashley’s decision to give up primary residency and let her daughter go live with her father. We also touch on parental alienation and how she dealt with this in her own co-parenting relationship.
Ashley also shares how and why Parallel Parenting works for her family dynamic.
In this episode:
- we get an update on how the long distance co-parenting relationships is going (Ashley lives in New York with her husband and three other children and her daughter lives in Florida)
- how Ashley has learned to let go and gained perspective on what she’s really striving for when it comes to her relationship with her daughter
- the challenges that come with long distance co-parenting
- ego and how she’s taken that out of the equation
- the power of really understanding your children, how she uses love languages to foster her relationship
- Ashley and I also dive into social media and the struggle that comes with sharing your life and your perspective online when there are other players in the game
This was such a great conversation with Ashley.
Be sure to follow Ashley on Instagram