1159: The Top 5 Exercises, Leg Press vs. Hack Squat, Pre-Lift Motivation Techniques & MORE
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about adding an exercise to the "Big 4," the leg press compared with the hack squat, the value of self-talk for motivation, and the future of contact sports.
- Mobility is NOT flexibility! Why Mind Pump is here to educate the masses. (4:17)
- The ONLY proper way to fast. (15:25)
- How Sal used Brain.fm to help his son study for his test. (17:38)
- Adam gets personal. (20:30)
- Why Adam doesn’t vote. (22:33)
- Is there a global fertility crisis? (28:50)
- Mind Pump’s go-to ‘snack’ foods. (31:10)
- Should you ration your kids Halloween candy? (34:08)
- Are cannabinoids anti-acne?! (38:14)
- Why Harriet Tubman is one of Sal’s heroes. (41:58)
- #Quah question #1 – If you had to add an exercise to the "Big 4” to make it the Big 5, which exercise would it be? (44:31)
- #Quah question #2 – I know squats are best for leg development, but if you had to choose between the leg press and the hack squat which one is better? (52:15)
- #Quah question #3 – How powerful is self-talk for motivation or having someone yell at you before doing a big lift? Do you practice it or should we just slap our faces, get angry and pick up the weight? (59:39)
- #Quah question #4 – Sports like rugby and football are increasingly becoming demonized due to concussion risks. What do you foresee the future of contact sports to be? (1:06:47)
- Joel Seedman (@dr.joelseedman_ahp) Instagram
- Amelia Boone (@ameliaboone) Twitter
- Bret "Glute Guy" Contreras PhD (@bretcontreras1) Instagram
- Eugene Teo (@coacheugeneteo) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- November Promotion: MAPS Performance ½ off!! **Code “GREEN50” at checkout**
- Visit Brain.fm for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners.
- Global Fertility Crisis Has Governments Scrambling for an Answer
- Visit Skinny Dipped for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- A mid-morning snack of almonds generates satiety and appropriate adjustment of subsequent food intake in healthy women
- Differential effectiveness of selected non-psychotropic phytocannabinoids on human sebocyte functions implicates their introduction in dry/seborrhoeic skin and acne treatment.
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Harriet (2019) - Rotten Tomatoes
- Mind Pump TV - YouTube
- Watersports & Long Term Brain Injury
- Mind Pump Free Resources