1169 Building Muscle While Cutting Calories, When to Change Your Rep Range, Wrist Strengthening Tips & MORE
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about how long to stay in a specific rep range, whether you can cut calories and still gain muscle, the best way to strengthen wrists and the ideal physical activity or exercise to be done 2-3Xs a week by the average person.
- How Italian’s don’t have a volume button. (4:04)
- Why it’s not just about the information, but rather HOW you communicate it. (5:57)
- Mind Pump heading to LA to meet Arthur C Brooks. (15:00)
- Does anything evoke emotion as much as music? (16:38)
- Mind Pump Business Wars: Starbucks vs. Peet’s. (19:47)
- The origin story of Red Bull. (24:55)
- Vuori’s CRAZY return policy: Good business move or bad one? (27:42)
- The CLEAR differences between men and women. (29:26)
- The differences between Heritage Pork vs regular pork and how you can get it from Butcher Box. (34:40)
- Updates on ‘Epstein Gate’. (37:40)
- Is panspermia a real thing?? (40:35)
- What’s the deal with the resurgence of amateur fights? Will the novelty wear off? (42:35)
- #Quah question #1 – How long should you stay in a specific rep range? Should you be switching up weekly, shorter or longer? (50:24)
- #Quah question #2 – I am confused about the whole bulk and cut thing. Can I cut calories and still gain muscle? (56:30)
- #Quah question #3 – What is the best way to strengthen wrists? I’m looking to learn a handstand, but my wrists give out first. (1:01:20)
- #Quah question #4 - If you can prescribe one physical activity or exercise to be done 2-3Xs a week for the average person, what would it be? (1:05:12)
- Bishop Robert Barron (@bishopbarron) Instagram
- Arthur Brooks (@arthurbrooks) Twitter
- Mike Swick (@mike_swick) Instagram
- Dr Pimple Popper (@popperdrpimple) Instagram
- Logan Paul (@loganpaul) Instagram
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- November Promotion: MAPS Performance ½ off!! **Code “GREEN50” at checkout**
- Arthur C. Brooks - Amazon.com
- The Pursuit | Netflix
- From the Ground Up: My Journey to Reimagine the Role of a Global Business Book by Howard Schultz
- How Thailand created Red Bull
- Visit Vuori Clothing for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit Butcher Box for this month’s exclusive Mind Pump offer!
- 2 prison guards charged with conspiracy and filing false records on the night of Jeffrey Epstein's death
- NASA finds 'extraterrestrial sugar' on meteorites, which may have 'led to the origin of life'
- Rough N' Rowdy - Barstool Sports
- Which Is Better: Low Reps Or High Reps?
- MAPS Fitness Prime Pro
- MAPS O.C.R.
- The Best Form of Exercise – Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Free Resources